You can find the slides here.
These are both very short. They give a general idea, but you should follow the references.
- Luis Pedro Coelho, Estelle Glory-Afshar, Joshua Kangas, Shannon Quinn, Aabid Shariff, and Robert F. Murphy; Principles of Bioimage Informatics: Focus on machine learning of cell patterns in Lecture Notes in Computer Science [PDF Version].
- Aabid Shariff, Joshua Kangas, Luis Pedro Coelho, Shannon Quinn, and Robert F. Murphy; Automated Image Analysis for High Content Screening and Analysis, Journal Biomolecular Screening (2010) [online version]
- A pixel classification system for segmenting biomedical images using intensity neighborhoods and dimension reduction, by Cheng Chen Ozolek, J.A. Wei Wang Rohde, G.K. DOI
- Luis Pedro Coelho, Tao Peng, and Robert F. Murphy, Quantifying the distribution of probes between subcellular locations using unsupervised pattern unmixing in Bioinformatics, vol. 26(12), pp. i7-i12 [online version]
- Luis Pedro Coelho, Aabid Shariff, and Robert F. Murphy; Nuclear segmentation in microscope cell images: A hand-segmented dataset and comparison of algorithms ISBI 2009 [DOI]
- Determining the distribution of probes between different subcellular locations through automated unmixing of subcellular patterns by Tao Peng, Ghislain M. C. Bonamy, Estelle Glory-Afshar, Daniel R. Rines, Sumit K. Chanda, and Robert F. Murphy [link]
- Learning To Count Objects in Images by Victor Lempitsky, Andrew Zisserman. webpage
- Patterns of basal signaling heterogeneity can distinguish cellular populations with different drug sensitivities. Singh D.K., Ku C.J., Wichaidit C., Steininger R.J. 3rd, Wu L.F., Altschuler S.J. Mol Syst Biol., 6:369, May 2010. [online version]
- Murphy, R., Velliste, M., Porreca, G.: Robust Numerical Features for Description and Classification of Subcellular Location Patterns in Fluorescence Microscope Images. Journal of VLSI Signal Processing-Systems for Signal, Image, and Video Technology 35, 311–321 (2003)
- M. V. Boland, M. K. Markey and R. F. Murphy (1998) Automated Recognition of Patterns Characteristic of Subcellular Structures in Fluorescence Microscopy Images. Cytometry 33: 366-375. [online version]
- The Automation of Science by Ross D. King, Jem Rowland, Stephen G. Oliver, Michael Young, Wayne Aubrey, Emma Byrne, Maria Liakata, Magdalena Markham, Pinar Pir, Larisa N. Soldatova, Andrew Sparkes, Kenneth E. Whelan and Amanda Clare [link]
- An active role for machine learning in drug development by Robert F Murphy Nature Chemical Biology 7, 327–330 (2011) doi:10.1038/nchembio.576 [online link]